Hiring a home removal company is such a stress reliever. It is supposed to be unless you got the wrong people for the job. You will hear a lot of horror stories from people who failed to get professionals and instead got victimized by scams or hired poor quality teams. To help you find the right individuals and to aid you in avoiding those moving horrors here are some things to be reminded of.
- Be Cautious of Low Estimates. When they give you a really low quote at the onset, this should raise red flags and not signal victory. You might be facing a company that has a lot of hidden charges. When a quote sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Be careful not to fall into the trap. Inquire and be inquisitive.
- Don’t Accept a Quote Via Phone Call. In order to have the best estimate of your possible fees, someone from the company has to go to your home. They will take a look at all your belongings, what needs to be packed and how to transport them. They should not even charge you for it! Never accept an estimate via phone. The same holds true for the internet and emails. How on earth are they able to determine a price without seeing what should be done and taken cared off in the first place?
- The Quote Should Already Include Packing Supplies. There are those who will charge you for every packing supply used on top of the fee you were already given. A reputable home removal company will provide you with the needed materials inclusive of the fees. Be careful as some companies overcharge in this area.
- Check License and Certification at All Times. Be sure to ask for their license and certifications before signing any contracts. You would not want to work with people who do not have the right skills! They should be part of the National Guild of Removers and Storers which is the largest regulating body in the moving industry that upholds service quality and customer protection.
- A Refund Policy and Halt Procedure Should be Available. Should things go bad, belongings damaged, items lost and work be poorly performed, customers should have the right to ask for a refund and damages and be allowed to halt the job. There should also be the presence of insurance to cover all these.